The days are longer and warmer – it’s time to take your bike out of winter hibernation! We’ve got all the spring bike gear you need to kick off your spring riding, from pumps to helmets to locks to sunglasses. Looking for the right combo of lightweight layers to keep you cool during the day but warm in the cool evening hours? We’ve got new spring bike gear arriving daily, as well as the staples you’ve come to love.
The tricky part of spring riding is that you’ll often find yourself either under-prepared or over-prepared. You bring along too many layers, or you don’t have quite enough for the quickly changing weather. You leave while it’s sunny, and get waylaid by an unexpected spring shower. Here’s a few spring bike gear tips:
- Choose a jersey designed to block the wind, but made of a thinner mesh fabric.
- Invest in a high quality, lightweight jacket. You want something even thinner than your jersey, yet prepared to ward off the wind and rain. Look for reflective elements as well, in case the sun is still setting during your rides.
- Choose a full-fingered glove, however without all the insulation of winter cycling gloves.
- Don’t forget a pair of sunglasses!
- Choose socks made from 100 percent merino wool that are only slightly thicker than a summer sock, meaning it will fit easily in your shoe and add warmth. A longer cuff will also providesmid-length protection on in-between days that aren’t too cold or too hot.
- If you’re prone to overheating, choose a vest that adds a bit of insulation but is easy to remove. Once again look for reflective elements!
Stop in to Asheville Bicycle Company today to check out our spring bike gear!