Designed to conquer a wide variety of terrain and riding styles, the Kona Process 111 excels on everything from high alpine singletrack to aggressive technical descending. Short chainstays, a low-slung frame weight and long front center—key hallmarks of the Process platform—enable this 111 to be one of the most playful and capable dual-suspension mountain bikes ever made.
“A sweet-handling, good natured kick in the pants to ride just about anywhere.” -Bike Magazine
The industry-leading revolution in mountain-bike geometry started with the Process platform. The short stem for stiff and quick handling mated with lengthy reach numbers for a confidence-inspiring overall fit and long front center for stability at speed. Add short chainstays, to maintain maneuverability in technical situations, and a low BB for an in-the-bike feel. The lowest standover possible on all sizes, while short chainstays benefit cornering, jump-ability and overall bike stiffness. New frame features for 2016 on the 111: a lighter seat tube, seat tube gusset and chainstay.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 29-inch
- Wheels: New WTB STs i29 rims, tubeless ready, with a 29mm inner width
- Rear/Front Suspension: 111mm/120mm
- Fork: RockShox Pike RC 120mm QR15 tapered
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT
- Drivetrain: SRAM XG1180 10-42t 11-speed
- Cockpit: New KONA designed and branded 35mm bar/stem, ODI Ruffian MX grips
- Brakes: Shimano SLX
- Tires: Maxxis 2.3 DHF front/2.3 Minion semi-slick rear
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport SE